Friday, May 27, 2011

Review: Lip and cheek in a stick – Laura Mercier Audrey and Lancome Pink Preview

Your mothers sometimes have the best beauty tips. My mother used to double her lipsticks as blushes, a great way of fast application and cut down the budget. I can’t remember we had multiples, pot rouge or lip and cheek stain three decades ago. So before I found other alternatives, I used lipsticks as a blush.

My mother often complained how her creamy lipsticks didn’t stay on or the colors were just too clown-like. The lipstick we need should behave like a cream blush. Finally, I discovered Laura Mercier Cream lipstick in Audrey and Lancome Matte lipstick in Pink Preview.
First of all, both are wonderful lipsticks on their own. Laura Mercier Audrey ($22 for 0.14 oz) is the most universal shade of lipcolor I’ve ever encountered. It is a beautiful warm rose that flatters all skintones and types. It shows up differently on people but all are very wearble and classy. If I can nominate for a typical French’s lipcolor, Audrey would win my vote. The texture is creamy and nourishing. It doesn’t peel my lips at all. Lancome Pink Preview ($22) is a youthful cool pale pink that wouldn’t wash out any skintone if used with a light hand. Despite its matte texture, Pink Preview feels moisturized and comfortable on my lips. It stays on well too.

Both work flawlessly as blushes. They glide on smoothly on my cheeks and at the same time stay put for more than 3 hours. If you wish to extend the wearing, you might want to apply them BEFORE setting powder. I apply Audrey and Pink Preview with my clean fingers then blend on the apples of my cheeks.

Recommendation: You can reduce the amount of makeup while traveling with these lipsticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...