Monday, May 2, 2011

My favorite lipsticks for spring/summer

Spring and summer are the time of the year I love to wear warm fun colors on lips. I think it’s nice to have a memoir of my all time favorite lipsticks for the seasons.



Guerlain Rouge G Serie Noir Orange Euphorique ($47) has recently became my all time favorite lipstick. It is truly the best for color payoff, creamy texture and longwearing. Its muted orange color flatters warm stkin tone very well and at the same time  . It feels very comfy on lips. Too bad it’s a limited edition for Spring 2011. So I purchased a backup!

Chanel Rouge Coco Mademoiselle ($32) is a classic medium pink with brown undertone. It’s just so easy to work with, almost fool-proof. I found it opaque but wearable even with two thick coats. The texture is creamy and long wearing. I will just purchase it again and again.

Laura Mercier Audrey ($22) is my staple lipstick year round, all ocassions. This is the most versatile lippie I own. It can go sheer, a natural bright pink, or opaque, a warm rather deep rose. I also use it as a blush under my setting power. The review of Audrey as multiple product will be up soon.

Chanel Rouge Allure Exquisite ($32) offers a quite unique color – a warm pink with fine golden shimmer. It’s also truly versatile. I always find warm pink lipsticks are less common eventhough pink is arguably the most common lipcolor. That’s why warm skin tone would all thank Exquisite.


Dior Addict Pink Embroidrey ($26) looks quite normal in the tube. But wait until you dress it on your lips. It’s wearable mauve pink that feels soft and springy.  While Pink Embroidrey can go both semi-sheer and opaque, I prefer a sheerer application just enough to light up my natural lips colors.

What are your favorite spring/summer lipsticks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...