Sunday, October 23, 2011

Review: Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer - # 2 Shimmering Beige and #10 Golden Beige

Thanks to the lovely ladies at my local Nordstrom's Armani counter, I was able to stock up some sample of their famous Fluid Sheer. And I'm so glad I got samples. Let me tell you why.

Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer ($59 for 1 oz) can be used to add glow all over your face or highlight your cheekbones, chin, brown bones, and any other areas you want to bring forward. I grabbed the samples of #2 Shimmering Beige - a pinky beige and #10 Golden Beige - a golden/coppery beige. Both of them looked so so gorgeous on my arm and they seemed decently pigmented. On my skin, however, they add a very sheer veil of sophisticated subtle shimmer. No discernible color detected. I packed 4 or 5 layers but  it melt into my skin and disappeared as soon as I blent it out. Don't get me wrong, I'm obsessed with natural wearable highlighters. But this veil of shimmer is almost invisible.

Both #2 and #10 were swatched heavily for the sake of the pictures but on the skin it's much sheerer.

Under direct sunlight
Of the two I sampled, the shimmer of #2 is more obvious than #10 and therefore would be more suitable for highlighting. But the difference between these two on my skin is nuance :(.

To intensify the color I used a stippling brush to apply Armani Fluid Sheer then blend it out with my fingers. I add Fluid Sheer before setting powder to brighten up the whole complexion and after setting powder for highlighting smaller areas. Fluid Sheer last at least 4 hours on me, which I think decent.

#2 adds a veil of delicate shimmer, just purely glow.
An overall glow Fluid Sheer nails it but falls short as highlighter. Had they offer more pigmentation I would have splurged a few.  I really want to love them but I cannot justify spending $59 for a glow that can only be visible at haft-a-foot distance.

Have you tried Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer? Do you love them? Any other Fluid Sheer I should try?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...