Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I've Been Tagged! I Tag!

Recently, the lovely (and nerdy :p) Lipstick Boulevards tagged me among a group of very lovely bloggers. I'm honored and flattered too. An honest compliment always lifts us up right? In the past few years of reading beauty blogs and blogging myself, I've met some really wonderful women. They're beautiful, kind, smart and of course, beauty addictive. This tag post is dedicated to them.

RULES
#1. Answer the 11 questions asked
#2. Give 11 questions to the people you tag
#3. Mention the blog that originally tag you 

Let's first start with Lipstick Boulevards's questions. Gee, she's a tough nerd! Some of her questions really pushed me think deeply. 

1. Which book has made the most profound impact on your life ?
Many books have given me the inspiration for my life. It's impossible to just name one. So I'm throwing out a list and hopefully you don't get bored :D
  • Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu. A book about the way of virtue. One of my favorite quotes from the books is "Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power." 
  • Martin Eden by Jack London. It taught me to stay true to myself. 
  • Kane and Abel by Jeffrey Archer. The story speaks directly to my passion. Someday, I'll run my own business.    
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
My first thought is the US where I feel comfortable. The second thought brings me to Finland where education is free and equal. Then I thought about Mediterranean sea. Gorgeous weather, delicious food and friendly people. And the beauty heaven Japan. Final answer, I'd live in different parts of the world. 

3. What is your favorite movie of all time?
Oh boy, tough choice. I generally love movies from which I learn something. My most recent favorites are the Pursuit of Happyness staring Will Smith and Remember the Titan staring Denzel Washington (watched it like a million times). My favorite ultra romantic movie is Pride & Prejudice. Absolutely adore Keira Knightly and Matthew MacFadyen!! (die hard fans of the BBC original series, don't kill me :p). And finally, my most beloved action movies the Bourne triology. 

4. Name 3 makeup brushes you cannot live without 
MAC 217, Urban Decay Nake Foundation Brush, Studio Gear 13.  

5. What is your dream job?
Be my own boss. 

6. Who is your biggest makeup inspiration?
I draw my inspiration from everyone around me, my mom, my sister, my girlfriends, my co-workers, people I've met on the streets and the Lisa Eldridge. 

7. Name your favorite red lipstick of all time? 
I'm still looking for a red lipstick of my life time. Laura Mervier Cherrywood and Chanel Rouge Coco Byzantin have brought me tons of compliments. But I'm not blown away. So the search goes on. I have a feeling that it'll be a deep and blue-based red. 

8. If you could make one limited edition product permanent, which one would it be?
Tom Ford Narcissist Blush. Need I emphasize more how much I adore it? If discontinued items count, I'd be thrilled to have Dior Beige Massai back. The best eyeshadow palette ever! 

9. What is your signature scent ?
Bogetta Veneta. It feels chic and more importantly it feels French. It reminds me of the French goodies my dad used to bring home when I was a kid. Books, CDs, clothes, perfumes, lotions, creams, pictures, food, everything. 

10. Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
I'm still happy like now and have more self control on shopping habit :D  

11. What fulfills you ? 
Peace, inside. 

I TAG I'd love to tag the following lovely bloggers. 

Teri of BellaChique. She's stunning and very skilled at makeup. I can browse through her looks and swatches all day. Her blog also features honest reviews and beautiful tutorials. If you love red lipsticks, you can't miss her red lipstick posts. Teri is stunning! I just have to say that again. 

Indingo Kir Royal. One click into her blog and you will immediately fall into the world of Chanel, Burberry and Becca and many other luxurious brands. She has fabulous and accurate swatches and sharp reviews of the products. She must be one the most frequent shoppers ^_^ Then she takes time to test them and reports honestly about how they work. And yes, her blog sustains my craving like forever. I can't never stop loving makeup because I read Indingo Kir Royal. 

Gummy of Gummy's Vision. I go to her with all my skincare questions. And she seems to always have the answers for all sort of problems. Sometime ago I publicly admitted my girl crush with Gummy and her lovely blog. Her opinions are honest. And something about her spirit and personality is simply pleasant and soothing. Something feels like sisters. 

Helen of Lola's Secret Beauty Blog. I guess her blog is no longer a secret! LOL! She reviews really up-to-date products, quickly and accurately. The lady has tremendous taste! I visit her blog for informative and dynamic beauty chats, and to swoon over her makeup stash. Don't forget to check out her interview with Allure's Assistant Editor too. She did an excellent job!

Tracy of Beauty Reflections. I hope I'll have her skin when I'm at her age. Her makeup is phenomenal. Love every singly look Tracy does!! Tracy also writes sharp and honest reviews that can start my craving instantly. The most recent intriguing post was about Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder. 

Liz of Beauty Reductionista. Ladies, Liz is one of those who have arrived!! After successfully limit herself on beauty purchase, she lifted the ban and induced smart strategy on makeup hauling. Her blog documents her journey to reduce the size of her makeup collection and of course lovely beauty goodies. Really inspirational, fun and cute. 

Larie of Eye Heart It. If you're a nerd and a beauty junkie, you'll love Larie's blog. I enjoy her great sense of humor and sharp opinions on everything from beauty to life. She creates beautiful looks ranging from natural nerdy to sexy to fun and adventurous. I smile every time I visit her blog. Beside learning the serious beauty stuff, I have fun. 

Becca of The Beauty Sample. My love Becca is well-known for her unbelievably honest and detailed reviews. And may I say she's a great commenter. She's lovely! She's friendly! So when you read her blog, you just want to jump in the conversation and ask every little details about the products knowing that she will never miss any of your questions. 

And here is what I'd love to hear from my lovely ladies. 

MY QUESTIONS
1. What is the first beauty product you bought?
2. Name your favorite shade of blush.
3. If you could only own one eyeshadow palette (no more than 5 shades), what would it be?
4. What is your favorite look for formal events?
5. Do you coordinate your makeup with your outfits and how? 
6. What did you wear to your first date?
7. Where would you go for the ultimate fun?
8. What is your go-to way of applying foundation, brushes, sponges or clean fingers?
9. Who inspire your love of beauty?
10. What is your beauty style?
11. If you could only play up one feature of your face from day to night, what would you choose?

Hope you enjoy the post and I can't wait to read other bloggers' questions and answers. xx

10 comments:

  1. This is fun! Thank you, Joanne, you're so sweet :) I like the Keira Knightley and Matthew Mcfadyen version, too, actually, ha! I've never seen the BBC version, though. I keep meaning to, but I don't have 6 hours at the moment!

    As for a red...have you tried Rouge d'Armani 400? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The BBC version feels stiff to me although I love how it sticks to the novel to details. Colin Firth was hot but Matthew was irresistible :D. He looks and acts exactly how I picture Darcy. And his voice, gosh, is so masculine and sweet at the same time. I can go on and on hehehe.

      Yes, I've tried Rouge d'Armani 400. Stunning red but I want something fascinating. My jaws will drop. My heart will skip a beat. I actually use it as the baseline to test red lipsticks.

      Delete
  2. Loved reading your answers, Joanne! I can't wait to get started on this tag! :)

    And THANK YOU again for such a sweet shoutout to my blog--it really means a lot to me :) I'm so glad to have "met" you! You are so, so sweet and SO pretty and you have amazing taste in makeup (I ALWAYS leave with a new lemming when I read your blog!! :P)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You tag will be fun I know it already!! I'm glad I get a chance to scream how much I adore The Beauty Sample and its author ;).

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the tag, Joanne! It's nice to read all this info since I'm just starting to get to know you. :) I haven't read any of your fave books but they're going on THE LIST (huge long list of books I need to catch up on) - and our movie tastes are sort of aligned. *pumping fist to Bourne series*

    And gosh, how the hell did I not know that TF Narcissist was LE? Smacking my forehead here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay to Bourne!!! The spin-off movie disappointed me, although Jeremy Renner was hot and pretty good for the role. Hope you can find Narcissist in store. I just checked online and it's sold out. I love it so much that I almost got a back up. The fact I've never finished a blush no matter how much I used it calmed me down :D

      Delete
  4. Aaaaw, thanks again for tagging me, I love your questions already! It was fun reading the answers, I feel like I learned a bit more about you ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Teri!! I know I'm really lazy in "About me" section. Tagging you guys reminds me to update it.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my Blog! Your answers lets many see the peace and serenity inside your soul.... a Goddess for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much!! That's one of the nicest things anyone ever says about me. I have to admit that I have to hang tightly to the peace inside. It slips away so easily. Need more yoga.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...